Found a mistake?

PatrickW

Just some small translation mistakes.

In the Tagging up Turf-article.

It says that "After saving you will get called by officer Hernandez". That's not correct English. Proper English would be "After saving officer Hernandez will give you a call". Or "you will get a call from officer Hernandez".

Also "or you will regret it" is not very clear, in the Dutch version it's mentioned that when CJ leaves Los Santos/Red County, he will attain a 4 star wanted level. Maybe it's better to metion it likewise in English. (By the way, trying to leave Los Santos before this mission will also result in a 4 star wanted level, so Hernandez' call is more like a reminder).

In the Nines and AK's-article.

"After doing that you get a phonecall from Sweet that you have to buy something green to wear. Go to Binco and buy something green, it doesn't matter what. Mission Passed!"

Maybe it should be good to mention that buying something green isn't absolutely neccesary to pass the mission. It's mentioned in the Dutch version, but the English lacks it.

In the Drive-by-article

It's not an error or something like that, just a hint. When you're low on Car Health, you can go to the Pay 'n Spray in Idlewood. It takes a while to get there, but it will not fail the mission (because the mission is not timed, and you don't have to stay in Jefferson/Glen Park)

In the Sweet's Girl-article

"But be careful! You are followed by the Seville Boulevard, so hurry up!"

Followed doesn't sound very good in English. Maybe "Two Seville Boulevard-cars will get in persuit while you try to get back to Ganton, so watch out!"

In the Home Invasion-article

"The bar can savely be filled once, the occupant thinks he has a dream about Viëtnam". What's savely? I rather think that "safely" (veilig) is meant by it. Secondly, Vietnam is whitout the diaeresis mark (trema).

In the Management Issues-article

"Before this you have to steal a car from one of the chauffeurs from the manager."

Stealing the car is part of the plan, so "To do so, you have to steal the car of the managers chauffeur." is better in my opinion.

The verb "of the chauffeurs from the manager" is Dunglish. "from" has to be replaced by "of".

In the Reuniting the Families-article

"Watch out for the motorcyclers, they jump on the car."

motorcyclers has to be motorcyclists.

Delen op andere websites

• Reacties 125
  • Created
  • Laatste reactie

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hanneswasco

• Lantyz

• .Timothy

• PatrickW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Locations of the Hidden Spays is shown on a full San Andreas map while the dutch version is shown on a Los Santos map which is in my opinion better b/c there are only Hidden Sprays in LS.

The locations of the Horseshoes is also shown on a complete San Andreas map which is in my opinion superfluous b/c there are only Horseshoes in LV, the dutch version only contains a LV-map.

>Click<:

His old residence where he spend whole his life before he moved to Liberty City.
should be: his whole life

>Click<:

When you followed Sweet for a while you have to follow Ryder.
should be:After you followed Sweet for a while you will (you'll) have to follow Ryder.

On the same page i'm not sure about the plural of BMX, b/c it ends with an S-sound which could mean it should be written as: BMXes.

Delen op andere websites

Int the In The Beginning-article

"CJ has just arrived with the airplane in Los Santos."

In English, you arrive by plane, not with the plane.

"He is here to visit his mother's funeral who was shot by a hostile gang"

All Los Santos gangs are considered to be hostile. CJ's mother is shot by some Ballas, so "a rivaling gang" sounds better.

Delen op andere websites

In the Burglary Missions-article the infinitive sprint award you get for completing the burglary missions isn't mentioned in the reward section.

And a small translation error:

"In the area Ganton near your first safe house are low houses with expensive stuff and the way to the warehouse is easy to make."

It should be: "In the Ganton area, near your first safe house, there are low houses containing expensive stuff and the warehouse to stash the stolen goods isn't far away."

In the Firefighter-article;

Another translation error:

"This mission can only be done with the Fire Truck with the watercanon on the cabine". "Cabine" isn't English, in English that's called the cab. Or just "This mission can only be done with the firetruck that has a watercanon on top of it."

"There are only firetrucks in the three big cities." should be "Firetrucks can only be found in the 3 big cities".

In the reward section:

"When you complete all 12 levels in a row, you will get a total of $13.450,="

In the English notation of numbers, thousands are separated by a comma. So "$13.450,= should be $13,450."

In the A Home in the Hills-article;

In the reward section:

"Clothing-store Didier Sachs opens in the neighborhood of Rodeo."

This is not true. Didier Sachs opens up after completing the "Saint Mark's Bistro" mission. (as mentioned in the Dutch WikiGTA).

In the High Noon-article;

An alternitive way to pass this mission is to get all Gold medals at the Flying School. Pick up the Hunter and go to Las Brujas to start the mission. Make sure you park the Hunter across the graveyard, or it will be gone after the cutscene. When Pulaski gets away in his Buffalo, get in the Hunter and nuke him!! :*D

Bewerkt: door Cesar-Vialpando
Delen op andere websites

@Cesar Vialpano;

Cabine really is an english word , but it's for english people kinda hard to say so they say Cab , but i'm almost sure that it's correct english. I will take a look in some dictionaries , to check it.

[edit] For english its Cabin. Cabine is dutch :puh:

Bewerkt: door Galiorix
Delen op andere websites

Again, some translating mistakes:

In the King in Exile-article;

"In this cutscene, Kendl and Cesar tell CJ that Big Smoke is the one responsible for the death of CJs' mother. They also found out that Big Smoke started a drugs trade with the San Fierro Rifa. CJ says he will try to keep an eye out for the trades, which are happening twice a week. After the cutscene, Catalina will call to remind you that there are still things to do."

Which hare happening twice a week isn't correct English, -ing means it takes place right now, and that's not the case. "They take place twice a week" should be correct English.

In the Body Harvest-article;

"Before going to the farm, be sure to have enough bullets, Body Armor and a good gun. The Hillbillies will be shooting with Shotguns so it's important you kill them before they have a chance to pull the trigger".

They don't shoot shotguns (Shotguns are for people with a bad aim). They're doing it Country style, and so they use Country Rifles.

Delen op andere websites

• 3 weken later...

On the page of the Verdant Meadows Aircraft Graveyard the title is Verdant Meadow Aircraft Graveyard instead of Verdant Meadows Aircraft Graveyard.

Mind you, the Hunter can't spawn at the same time as the Leviathan, if you've completed the mission Up, Up and Away. )

Mind you is a translate mistake , it's not right english to say that. It would be better if it was : Mind here.

You can do the following missions in the Flying School:

Also this is a simple translate mistake , it should be At.

Now, slowly press the button to gain some height.

It would be quite handy if you place wich button you will have to press :clown:

The Rustler must not be damaged.

Maby it sounds better if you say: Do not damge the Rustler.

If the corona is marked with a round blip, you have the same height. With a triangle, you are flying either too high or too low.

I checked it: The blip on the map is Square , not round. Also it would be more clear if there was a small explanation about the triangle that when it's pointing down that youre to high and when it's pointing up that youre to low.

This not really a fault but more a tip for Destroy Targets; Try to float above or in front of the cars when you have to destroy them. The machine gun will auto aim and then it's not too difficult to destroy the cars.

That is it for now , but i'll be looking for more mistakes :)

Greetz :sigaar:

[edit] Small mistake; at the locations page of all the vehicles at the spawnplace of the Raindance at Verona Beach when you point at the little orange blip it says: Raindanc Depending on youre progress at flight scool. It should be Raindance offcourse :)

Bewerkt: door Galiorix
Delen op andere websites

• 1 maand later...

Hello and thanks for this site. It's a big project to cover everything in all the GTA games, but you're doing very well so far.

I particularly like the Vice City Mission Tree which shows what you have to do before each mission is made available.

But I have noticed a mistake in it :N

Looking at the Mission Tree, it looked like mission Cop Land could be done at any time and nothing else depends on it being done. This would mean that if you did mission Keep your Friends Close before you did Cop Land then you would have killed Lance in Keep your Friends Close and then he'd have to be brought back to life for Cop Land :7

But no, mission Keep your Friends Close (or rather mission Cap the Collector) is only made available once you've done Cop Land

I've completed Boatyard, Cherry Poppers, Pole Position, Sunshine Garage, Print Works, Kaufman Cabs, Interglobal Films and Malibu Club. They're all paying out money. But I still don't get the call to the Print Works that tells me that mission Cap the Collector is about to start.

Thanks

Steve

Delen op andere websites

• 4 weken later...
  • 3 weken later...

Found one, not with words or something, but a small fault what means you get $5,= instead of $5.000,=

It's at the GTA San Andreas Paramedic page, at the rewards. In America is a dot a [komma] and otherwise.

$ 5.000,00 as a bonus at the completion of Paramedic.

This is the line where the fault is. :)

Edit

If you search further, you'll find more. :7 So did I, also on the Paramedic page.

De carefull not to hit them, because the mission is failed when a patient is killed.

It has to be 'Be' and not 'De'. ;)

Edit2:

Unstoppable, I've found another one. This time at the Vigilante page.

You have to destroy ther vehicle, or, when the criminal is on a motor, shoot him off the motor.

A 'Motor' is a Bike, if I'm not wrong. Beside that, look at the bold mark in the quote. There is missing an 'I'.

Edit3:

Two more faults, at the Taxi Driver Page of GTA SA. At the rewards, it says every car will get nitro and will be able to 'hop', but only the Taxi's can.

The next one is also at the Taxi Driver Page. It is at the top line, so it won't be difficult to find it.

Pedestrians who are looking for a cab are waiting along the side of the road and will get in by thereself.

It has to be 'theirself' instead of 'thereself'. :)

Bewerkt: door Donwell
Delen op andere websites

Pedestrians who are looking for a cab are waiting along the side of the road and will get in by thereself.

It has to be 'theirself' instead of 'thereself'. :)

Themselves.

Also, change the Outtakes page to the one I did and add "Some of the dialogues were much longer" to Misc.

Delen op andere websites

• 5 weken later...

Een reactie plaatsen

Je kan nu een reactie plaatsen en pas achteraf registreren. Als je al lid bent, log eerst in om met je eigen account een reactie te plaatsen.

Gast
Op dit onderwerp reageren...

×   Je hebt text geplaatst met opmaak.   Opmaak verwijderen

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Je link is automatisch ingevoegd.   In plaats daarvan weergeven als link

×   Je vorige bewerkingen zijn hersteld.   Alles verwijderen

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent actief   0 leden

• Er zijn hier geen geregistreerde gebruikers aanwezig.