Need for Speed 11

Galiorix

EA heeft op 01-06-2007 om 03:00 [NL tijd] de nieuwe NFS: Pro STreet gelanceerd.

Eerste preview, Need for Speed: Pro Street!

01-06-2007 om 21:32

De gamewebsite IGN heeft een allereerste preview gepubliceerd op hun website.

Don't get confused. This isn't like other EA Street titles with over-the-top arcade slam dunks and impossible maneuvers. This is Pro Street. In fact, EA did the exact opposite and created an entire new genre of racer: the street racing simulation. "The Fast and the Furious" meets Forza.

In deze preview.... ( lees verder )

In deze preview leggen ze onder anderen uit waarom EA een andere style kiest voor Pro Street. Ook wordt er verteld dat je voor elk evenement andere onderdelen nodig zal hebben! Zo kan je dus niet je auto die speciaal voor driften is getuned gebruiken voor een dragrace. Deze zal je weer opnieuw moeten tunen. Geen nood voor de "niet tuners" onder ons. Als je het lastig vind om de juiste instellingen te vinden zullen er ook de zogeheten "templates" zijn waardoor je een template kiest, deze tuned je auto in bijvoorbeeld de perfecte drag auto.

In Need for Speed Pro Speed heeft elke modificatie een ander effect op je auto, wil je perse die ene spoiler dan zul je snelheid in moeten leveren in ruil voor meer grip. Het lijkt er dus op dat het niet zomaar wat onderdelen in en op je auto te zetten is, maar je zult nu ook echt bewuste keuzes moeten maken!

Ook zal het spel te maken krijgen met een schade modelsysteem, hier hebben menig NFS fans op zitten wachten en nu zit het er dan toch eindelijk in. Alles kan je van je auto aframmen, wielen, spoilers, deuren... Het zal allemaal effect hebben op het rijgedrag van je auto. En nee, het is niet zo dat wanneer je auto total-loss is dat hij na een x aantal seconden weer "levend" terug komt. Elk contact met de muur zal een effect op je rijgedrag hebben, dus pas goed op waar je rijdt!

Anyway, lees de hele preview hier. Bij deze preview zit ook een video-interview met John Doyle ( Producer NFS Pro Street ) welke veel verteld over Need for Speed Pro Street, dus check hem snel door hier te klikken!

Bewerkt: door ikt
Delen op andere websites

Ze moeten eens stoppen met dat vele tunen, dat is nu al in 4 delen achter elkaar.

Ik vind het leuker als ze een soort game als NFS Hotpursuit 2 maken, daar hadden ze echt goede auto's en bleven ze lekker orgineel, En kon je in De mooiste ferrari's rijden. Op een NFS zoals carbon zit ik niet te wachten.

Delen op andere websites

het is verre van carbon want het gaat meer de simulatie kant op(mits je hetzelf isnteld) en er word wel op geslote circuits geraced maar die zijn aangelegt in een stad en er is geer freeroam

tot nu toen zijn er 4 verschillende game modes bekend gemaakt namelijk: GRIP, Drift, Drag en Speed challenge

GRIP is eigelijk gewoon een circuit race.

Drift is gewoon n een beetje als in nfs ug1, ug2, Carbon alleen dan kan je het instellen hoe moeilijk je de handling wil hebben Arcade<-|-|-|-|-|->Simulatie

Drag is eigelijk hetzelfde als in alle vorige need for speeds die drag hadden.

Speed Challenge is een hele grote bbaan met weinig bochten waarmee je de auto tot eht uiterste kan testen kwa snelheid, maar pas op als je een bocht maakt gaat het moeilijk op die hoge snelheid dus goed remmen bij de bochten :tu:

Delen op andere websites

NFS Pro Street - First Look

We got an exclusive first look on Need for Speed Pro Street, the next game in the NFS series

Need for Speed Pro Street is the new title of the series and so Electronic Arts invited some of the fansite owners to EA Black Box, who are developing the game, to Vancouver, Canada. There we could get a first look at the game and even could play a pre-alpha version.

As far as I have seen, Need for Speed Pro Street is somewhat different than any other Need for Speed you know. If you think this is an add-on of any previous title of the series – it isn’t. NFS Pro Street is different; it has a totally new driving experience, new game modes and new features. With this title EA wants to shift up street racing to the next level.

The most important change is that the whole game takes place in closed tracks. EA did a lot of research on this and this is where the culture in real life is going, an aggressive street racing with almost no rules, taking place on closed roads without any cops or traffic.

The game is already in development for almost 2 years and there are going to be some significant changes. Basically, the main new features are damage, physics and smoke. All three things are highly evolved, but I’ll get to that later.

Damage:

What cops and traffic did in earlier NFS games to make it harder for you to finish the race, is now done by damage. The game is all about damage, you have to watch out, that you don’t wreck your car, because repairing is expensive and you might not be able to use it for a while.

This time the damage is not just scratches and bumps…this time you could wreck your car completely, so that you aren’t even able to finish the race. I watched it in action, and the damage model looks really amazing…far more realistic than what I’ve ever seen before! Bumpers and tires can fall off, windows break, hoods fly away and based on the material (metal, glass, plastic or carbon) it gets scratches or breaks. All the damage is calculated on-the- fly, so it doesn’t look always the same. It even depends on how fast you hit a wall, the car will be damaged based on many parameters. And the best thing is: the damage will affect your performance. The more you crash your car, the slower you will get. If you crash your car too much, the race is over.

Since repairing does cost some money, you might want to spend most of it to build in new parts to the engine and what is under the hood, than repairing the outside. It’s still street racing, so it actually would look cooler, if you don’t have a shiny new car without scratches, but a car where everyone knows that you already raced with it. We’ll see how this works out once the game steps further in development.

Locations:

The tracks in Need for Speed Pro Street are based on locations, which exist in the real world. EA did a lot of research and took many photos to make the tracks look as realistic as possible. As the player you travel all around the world to participate at the race events, which take place all over the world. Each event is hosted by different organizations, so it will always have a different style. It’ll play even a different music style, depending on which event you participate, but I’ll talk about that in the music section.

Game modes:

There are 4 game modes in Need for Speed Pro Street: GRIP, Drift, Drag and Speed Challenge. For every game mode, you will have your personal car, which is perfectly balanced for this type of race. EA didn’t talk much about the game modes in the game, but so far GRIP will be like the circuit mode, where you race a certain number of laps. The drift mode will be different than in NFS Carbon, because of the new car physics. To extend accessibility, Electronic Arts built in “assists”, which will help you steering the car and staying on the track. If you turn off all the assists, it’s more for the hardcore gamers and the game will be more like simulation – it is more real.

The drag mode returns, but there is no information yet, what will be different.

The new game mode is called Speed Challenge, which is mainly a really long track, where you can push your car to the limits. At highest speeds you race down a straight road, with almost no curves. But once you try to steer, you have to watch out not to get off the road, because that high speed can be dangerous…

Driving:

I could try the Nissan 350Z on the Infineon Raceway and I have to say (although I really sucked driving this track) it was really fun. You have the possibility to drive with assists on or off. I like the feeling of simulation games, so when you switch all assists off, the car is not easy to handle and it’ s more realistic, due to the new physics. It doesn’t feel anymore like you’re driving a tank, as it was on the last Need for Speed games. This time you can drive the way you like. If you are more the “arcade-style” guy, you can just turn the assists on, and it is easier to drive, just as you’re used to it from older NFS titles. Need for Speed Pro Street still stays between an simulation- and arcade-game and this is how it should be.

A big affect on the driving experience will have the customization, but I will get to that later.

Cars:

It is typical for Need for Speed, that the game consists of licensed cars and so it is also this time. There will be more cars than in any other Need for Speed games. Unfortunately I can’t talk about the car list yet, but there will be cars from around 26 manufacturers. From all these cars, there will be 8 “super-cars”, which you will be able to tune to the high-end.

If you don’t like all the these eight super-cars, you are free to take a lower-end car and tune it up, so that you can compete with the better cars. In the end, it’s all about your driving and the tuning combinations, you build in your car. More about that under “ customization”.

Customization:

The customization is a big part in Need for Speed Pro Street. For once, you have the visual styling with Autosculpt, we already know from NFS Carbon. But this time it’s much more detailed and you can autosculpt almost any part of the car. And the best thing is: The visual tuning of your car will affect the performance! So you should think about the practical sense of how you design your car, because of the new physics engine, every modification will affect the performance. It’s not only about the look anymore. For this reason EA built in for example a wind tunnel, where you can test your new car design, if it fits your needs. It’s a pretty cool feature, which I’m definitely going to use.

Apart from the visual tuning you have the performance tuning. As with Autosculpt also performance tuning is far more detailed than before. To extend accessibility, EA introduced different layers of modifications. On the first layer, the “arcade- style” people can upgrade their cars by just using predefined upgrade packages. If you want to go deeper though, there is a whole world of possibilities. You can change almost everything, parts of the engine, brakes, tires…there are 90+ individual part slots and 30+ tuning variables. You can modify your car in a way, that it fits exactly your needs. You can build in plenty of aftermarket parts, and each will affect the performance of your car in a different way. You have the possibility to test your car on a dyno though, and you’ll get a graphical feedback, so that you can find the best combinations of parts.

Since there is so much concentration on the customization, EA introduced a new feature called “ blue prints”. You don’t have to build in every part you want immediately; you can save your tuning combinations as a blue print. So you can create your ideal combination of parts, and only if you apply the blue print to your car, they’re going to be built in.

Graphics:

I played only a pre-alpha version, so I can’t say very much about the graphics, but I can let you know, that it’ll be very detailed. The cars are designed to look more photo-real, not as in NFS Carbon. Each car has about 15.000 to 20.000 polygons, and they really look good. The lights reflects as it should, even based on the material, and as you already saw on the trailer, the damage model is very detailed too. The car models are real titbits for racing fans.

A big new graphical feature in this game is the smoke! In almost every racing game, the smoke the tires make looked very primitive or are even 2D textures. From what I saw at EA of NFS Pro Street, the smoke looks damn good. Especially when doing a burnout or drifting around it’s very important that it feels as real as possible. And it really does with the smoke, which was made with Shader Model 3.0.

We will see how it will look like with older graphic cars on the PC – the next-gen consoles can handle the graphical features very well so far. The system requirements for PC will definitely be higher than for Carbon or any other racing game lately, but we’ll know more about that as the development evolves.

Music:

As in every Need for Speed game the music is very important. This time EA got Junkie XL to create some tracks, which are playing during the game. Depending on which event you’re participating, you’ll listen to different music styles, like for example Hard Rock, Techno, Electronic or Punk. These styles are connected with the organizations, who set up these events.

Apart from Junkie XL there will be also other music from licensed artists.

Overall Opinion:

Honestly, I was quite surprised, when I heard that there won’t be any open world, that there won’t be even public roads and everything will take place on closed race tracks. But EA affirmed that NFS Pro Street has nothing to do with NASCAR or F1, it’s no simulation and it’s still the street racing you do with normal cars you can drive yourself on the streets. It’s still the aggressive racing style and once I saw the damage and the really high level of customization, my doubts have been blown away. You could modify almost anything and this weighs out together with the damage model the lack of police and traffic. Let’s say, I think EA did the right step and I’m already looking forward to take a look at the game, once it is more developed.

Een andere review @ IGN: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/793/793058p1.html

Previews NFS Pro Street

03-06-2007 om 10:07

Wie niet genoeg kan krijgen van EA's nieuwste race game Need for Speed Pro Street heeft vast wat aan deze links. De artikelen brengen waarschijnlijk niet veel nieuws, maar goed.

NFS PS: Prewiew @ NFS Planet:

http://www.nfsplanet.com/nfsps_firstlook.php

NFS PS: Preview @ TeamXbox:

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1630/Need-for-Speed-ProStreet/p1/

NFS PS: Preview @ GameSpy:

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/need-for-speed-2007/793159p1.html

NFS PS: Preview @ GameSpot:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/needforspeed/news.html?sid=6171812&mode=previews

NFS PS: Preview @ 1UP.com: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3159982

NFS PS: Preview @ GameDaily: http://www.gamedaily.com/need-for-speed-pr...-previews/6308/

Oja ondertussen werken we hard aan www.nfsprostreet.nl

En http://www.nfsprostreet.nl/ is gelanceerd, dus volg daar het overig nieuws als ik te lui ben om te posten :puh:

Bewerkt: door ikt
Delen op andere websites

Dang, dit had ik eerder moeten weten als NFS MW en Carbon verslaafde :puh:. SA-MP is toch niet zo gezond :puh:

Maar:

Wordt het dan toch Pro Street?

25-05-2007 om 16:03

Al eerder werden er geruchten de wereld in geblazen dat NFS11 "Pro Street" zou heten. Die geruchten werden door EA ontkend, maar ze zouden nog best wel eens waar kunnen zijn.

In een pools tijdschrift is namelijk een screenshot opgedoken waar een Audi RS4 te zien is. Op de nummerplaat staat, zoals je hier onder kunt zien, "prostreet".

Audi%20PS.jpg

Ook is dezelfde Mazda RX-7 uit de trailer te zien:

RX-7%20Scan.jpg

Ook is er wat informatie bij:

- Pro Street is een officiële naam

- Er zijn medailles voor het beschadigen van de auto op bepaalde plekken.

- De eerste 3 levels schade hebben nog geen invloed op het rijgedrag.

- Autosculpt is terug en is preciezer.

- Er zijn banen in de hele wereld.

- Er zijn geen verschillende race categorieën. (Een auto van 7pk kan tegen een auto van 400pk racen)

- 28 verschillende automerken, Honda is terug.

- Er zijn auto's tussen de jaren 60 en nu.

- Slechts 8 exotics

- 4 type races. Gesloten circuits, drift, snelheids race en drag.

- Je hoeft niet alleraces te winnen, je moet 1e zijn in de algemene classificatie.

- ABS kan uitgezet worden.

- De game is veel realistischer

We zullen echter nog tot 31-05-07 moeten wachten of deze geruchten ook daadwerkelijk bevestigd gaan worden. Stay tuned ;)

Link: http://www.nfscarbon.nl/news/index.php?id=138

Edit: Ik heb de trailer eens goed bekeken en de auto is vreselijk gedatailieerd. Je ziet krassen, nietjes en plakband. En verder zien de chrashes er spectaculair uit, ik ga nog eens die frame voor frame bekijken! :D

Yes.Ik verheug me er al dik op! :eten:.Maar als je naar die geruchten kijkt van ikt,dan is het eigenlijk een soort Burnout word (Niet dat ik er wat tegen heb ;)).

Delen op andere websites

Electronic Arts komt met een standaard editie en een Collectors editie van Need for Speed Pro Street, netzoals ze met NFS Carbon deden. Het is nog niet bekend wat de verschillen tussen beiden zijn.

Need for Speed Pro Street komt uit voor de PC, PS3, PS2, Xbox360, PSP, Nintendo DS en mobiel.

:)

Delen op andere websites

Link gewoon naar die teksten, al die lange quotes (geeft niet hoor) ;). Alleen hoelang gaat Need for Speed nog door? Carbon is wel leuk, alleen het is nogal kort en al die races worden erg eentonig. NFS is zo'n spel dat voor alle gameapparaten uitkomt... Meestal zijn dan de versies voor handhelds bagger.

Delen op andere websites

Een reactie plaatsen

Je kan nu een reactie plaatsen en pas achteraf registreren. Als je al lid bent, log eerst in om met je eigen account een reactie te plaatsen.

Gast
Op dit onderwerp reageren...

×   Je hebt text geplaatst met opmaak.   Opmaak verwijderen

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Je link is automatisch ingevoegd.   In plaats daarvan weergeven als link

×   Je vorige bewerkingen zijn hersteld.   Alles verwijderen

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent actief   0 leden

• Er zijn hier geen geregistreerde gebruikers aanwezig.