The WikiGTA registering accessibility

Nosferatu5

What I think is:

Some people have a really perverted understanding of the word "Wiki".

A Wiki-pedia is an online uncyclopedia that anyone can edit.

With this system you may as well call this just a online GTA uncyclopedia encyclopedia.

Seriously. There are hundreds of people who could make this Wiki-pedia work much better, have heaps info, and what do we see?

50 medewerkers - Inclusief de crew en oud-medewerkers

Very damn cool. Does that mean that there are 50 users registered? I want to kill someone, seriously, mons. Why not just enable registration.

You see, a GTA geek finds the site. He wants to make an edit but finds out that he can't. He has to register on the forum and "Prove himself worthy". Huh. What if he doesn't know a word of Nederlandse, or whatever? Well, he's stuck with reading it. Seriously.

I loathe this.

Delen op andere websites

What I think is:

Some people have a really perverted understanding of the word "Wiki".

A Wiki-pedia is an online uncyclopedia that anyone can edit.

With this system you may as well call this just a online GTA uncyclopedia encyclopedia.

Seriously. There are hundreds of people who could make this Wiki-pedia work much better, have heaps info, and what do we see?

50 medewerkers - Inclusief de crew en oud-medewerkers

Very damn cool. Does that mean that there are 50 users registered? I want to kill someone, seriously, mons. Why not just enable registration.

You see, a GTA geek finds the site. He wants to make an edit but finds out that he can't. He has to register on the forum and "Prove himself worthy". Huh. What if he doesn't know a word of Nederlandse, or whatever? Well, he's stuck with reading it. Seriously.

I loathe this.

Let me guess, you are the big boss of the Wiki-Corporation. And you are gonna accuse us to the judge...

I don't think so, and I think that its not your problem even. On this forum we never complain about who can edit Wikigta, and who doesn't. People who wants to edit, are free to ask of they can join the team.

The problem is just that people go fill in some stuff that doesn't fitt with the reallity of GTA. Last time I went to a Page on Wikipedia, and I find a city called Rotterdam. Some funny guy had filled in that rotterdam has only 50.000 people living there. I think we just want to prevent some kind of unnecesary changings on the site.

Delen op andere websites

There is also an English site of Wikigta. Klick >--HERE--< for the English form of wikigta. Or you do: http://www.wikigta.org/ and than select the English site

Bewerkt: door GTAGijsso
Delen op andere websites

First of all, welcome to the forums, Nosferatu5. I'm very impressed that you took the effort to register on our dutch forum. And we really appreciate the feedback, from our english readers.

You are in fact right, that our wikigta isn't a wiki in the true spirit of the word. We mainly use the wikimedia software as a platform to build our walkthrough and present tons of additional information to the community. We choose for this software, not because we wanted anyone to be able to submit their info on the subject, but to enable us to work together as a team on the website.

I don't agree with you that we are not encyclopedic. I don't think encyclopedia allow just anyone to edit their stuff in there (and I mean real encyclopedia, the ones made from dead trees). In that sense you can even say that wikipedia isn't a real encyclopedia, as they allow public editing by just everyone. Which makes it a rather poor source of reference, although is holds so many good and impressive information.

So the wiki in the name of our site doesn't refer to the the original wiki-spirit, but mainly to the look and feel of the software we're building the site with.

And it's true that for the dutch side of things we select the members of the wiki-edit team, based on the proven knowledge and writing skills on our forums. For the English side, this is a bit tougher for us, since we have close to none native English speakers on our forums.

We've invited some people in the past. But everyone who's interested can also send a pm/email to one of the admins to apply. You should describe why you think you're a valuable addition, and supply some reference materials (e.g. postings on English forums) to demonstrate your knowledge and writing skills.

Delen op andere websites

Welcome, Nosferatu, and thanks for the feedback.

First of all, WikiGTA is indeed not based on open-edit sites like Wikipedia, and does not aim to be. We use Wikimedia mainly because it makes things easier for our editors. Before we used a wiki, only one member could edit our info-subsites and we just called them 'the walkthroughs'. Wikimedia made it possible to make much more of it.

While Wikimedia works fine when large communities are contributing (as with the English Wikipedia), quality tends to decrease when it's used for smaller groups (like fanbased wiki's or Wikipedia in a less known language). An open GTA-wiki would attract primarily GTA-fans as editors, and lets face it, a lot of them aren't quite capable of writing content for an encyclopaedia.

That's why we decided not to accept everyone as editor and assemble a wiki-team ourself. Which wasn't a problem with the Dutch wiki, as we have a large forum of users to choose from. Finding English contributors for WikiGTA is harder, both for English volunteers as WikiGTA, as we do not have a English section on our forums. I agree it's a problem, but I don't think allowing everyone to edit is a solution. You can always send us an e-mail (or PM, since you've registered) to apply.

EDIT: Argh, sideswiped by Patrick. :puh:

Delen op andere websites

Een reactie plaatsen

Je kan nu een reactie plaatsen en pas achteraf registreren. Als je al lid bent, log eerst in om met je eigen account een reactie te plaatsen.

Gast
Op dit onderwerp reageren...

×   Je hebt text geplaatst met opmaak.   Opmaak verwijderen

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Je link is automatisch ingevoegd.   In plaats daarvan weergeven als link

×   Je vorige bewerkingen zijn hersteld.   Alles verwijderen

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent actief   0 leden

• Er zijn hier geen geregistreerde gebruikers aanwezig.